Tile Space is the perfect place to start if you're looking for pool tiles. We have a wide range of pool tiles in various colours and styles.
Our team of interior designers and tile experts can help you choose suitable tiles for your pool, and we will provide recommendations based on your specific needs.
Whether installing a new pool or updating an existing one, this guide will help you understand everything you need about pool tiles!
- Is there a difference between pool tile and regular tile?
- What type of tile is best for swimming pools?
- What is pool tile called?
- Pool Tile Costs:
- Installing Pool Tiles:
Is there a difference between pool tile and regular tile?
Yes, pool tile has characteristics that make it suitable for pool use. Pool tiles are typically slip-resistant and non-porous so that they won't absorb pool chemicals or bacteria.
They also have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, making them ideal for pool applications.
Related Guide: The Beginner’s Guide to Non-Slip Outdoor Tiles
What type of tile is best for swimming pools?
You should look for pool tiles that are slip-resistant, non-porous, and have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
Porcelain tiles are an excellent choice as they are durable and long-lasting. Glass pool tiles can also create a stylish pool finish with vibrant colours and exciting patterns.
Featured Guide: 10 Timeless Pool Tile Ideas to Create a Backyard Oasis
|Beach Blue | Resort Pool Series||Gemme GM | Bisazza||Sky Blue | Cotto Mosaic|
What is pool tile called?
Pool tiles don't have a specific name other than pool tiles. However, pool tiles can be commonly known as pool mosaics and swimming pool tiles.
Pool Tile Costs: How Much? How Do I Calculate?
How much are swimming pool tiles?
The price of pool tiles depends on the type and size of the tile, as well as its finish. Our range of m2 pool tiles ranges from $99 per square metre to $440 per square metre.
At the same time, our mosaic sheet range is priced between $6 to $17 per sheet.
Get Inspired: 5 Stunning Pool Tile Trends for 2023
How do you calculate pool tile costs?
To calculate pool tile, you need to work out the size of your pool and the number of tiles required.
Pool tiles are sold in m2 or sheets, so measure your pool in m2.Then, multiply your pool size by the price per m2/sheet, and you’ll have your total tile cost.
How long will pool tiles last?
Pool tiles are a long-term investment that lasts up to 10-20 years or even longer! They are designed to be long-lasting and durable, and with regular and proper pool maintenance against chemical damage and outdoor debris, they can last for decades!
Why swimming pool tiles are blue?
It is a myth that all pool tiles are blue. Blue tiles are simply the most classic and popular choice for pool tiling.
Many pool owners add vibrant colours, patterns, contrast, and metallics to their pools with pool tiles.
Featured Guide: The Beginner's Guide to Black Pool Tiles
|Midnight Gloss |Cotto Mosaic||Antique Green | Cotto Mosaic||White Matt | Vitra Tiles|
Installing Pool Tiles: Can I Tile My Own Pool?
How are pool tiles installed?
Pool tiles are installed similarly to other wall and floor tiles with a few extra considerations.
- First, pool tiles must be laid on a flat surface, such as concrete or cement board. This will give your pool tile installation a strong foundation.
- Once the pool is ready for tiling, use a waterproofing membrane to help protect your pool against pool chemical damage and outdoor debris.
- Finally, use thin-set mortar to adhere the pool tiles securely to the pool surface and grout as usual.
Related Guide: The Beginner's Guide to Pool Coping Tiles
What do you use to attach pool tiles?
Pool tiles should be attached with pool-safe adhesive and grout.
Pool-grade adhesive and grout are designed to create a waterproof seal between the pool surface, pool tile, and pool structure. This is a crucial part of the installation, as your pool will not last without it.
Can you tile your own pool?
Yes, it is possible to tile your pool yourself. But it is recommended that you consult a professional tiler or use Tile Space's services if you plan to install pool tiles.
Our team has years of experience and can ensure that your pool looks perfect when completed.
Things to consider about pool tiles:
When selecting pool tiles, there are a few things to consider;
- Pool tiles come in various shapes, sizes, colours, and finishes. Make sure to select pool tiles that complement the overall style of your pool.
- Pool tiles will constantly be exposed to pool chemicals, water, and accessories. So make sure you select durable pool tiles that can withstand the wear and tear of pool use.
- We recommend choosing a pool that is non-porous and slip-resistant to ensure safety and ease of maintenance.
- Consider choosing a matte finish instead of a glossy one, as this will offer a better grip when wet.
- It is crucial to consider the pool environment when selecting pool tiles for the best performance.
Is it worth tiling a pool?
Yes, pool tiles are worth the cost and effort - they are an excellent investment! Pool tiles can add a stunning visual effect to your pool while providing an anti-slip surface and protecting it from pool chemicals, bacteria, and outdoor debris.
Featured Guide: 5 Practical & Classic Pool Coping Tile Ideas
At Tile Space, we have a wide range of pool tiles to suit all budgets and styles. Our experienced team is on hand to provide the best advice for pool tiling.
So if you’re looking for pool tiles in New Zealand, come and visit us so we can help make your pool dreams a reality!